Friday, October 25, 2013

Comedy Salad with Buddah #10 Dale Jones

"Comedy Salad with Buddah" is a comedy blog about comedians and their world of standup comedy. Each week I will interview headlining comics and ask them six questions about the biz mixed with a couple of personal questions. This week I got to have fun with a comedian I met nearly six years ago, my pal Dale Jones. Dale is one of the brightest stars on the circuit. And I will even go out on a limb and say that he is my favorite comedian working today. At the end, Dale will fire one question back to me. Wait til you see Dale's question to Buddah. Here we go...



BUDDAH: How often do you write material and where do you get your inspiration from?



DALE: I write constantly. Always scribbling down funny words or phrases. Not sure where inspiration comes from. I just try to stay aware.



BUDDAH: Who are your favorite comics to watch, past or present?



DALE: Anyone funny and creative from Abbott & Costello to Louis CK. I have always leaned more toward physical and goofy. But I'll watch anyone to gain a different perspective.



BUDDAH: You recently told me, after 20 years of comedy I think I have finally figured it out. Even though I thought you had figured it out long ago, what did you mean by that statement?



DALE: I just feel more confidant since the 20 yr. mark. Very proud of that milestone. I'm learning to let go and have more fun. Not every gig is THE gig that will catapult me to the top. It's day by day. I'm learning to enjoy the ride more. Of course, I'll say this now and then tomorrow I'll be a basket case again.



BUDDAH: What television sitcoms do you miss the most?



DALE: Bosom Buddies, Seinfeld. I thought I missed Mork & Mindy then I watched a couple of episodes and remembered the last time I saw it I was 9.



BUDDAH: What was the first car you ever owned?



DALE: 1977 Camaro. No rust. Just holes.



BUDDAH: Is the rumor true that you eat ice cream every day and if so what is your favorite flavor?



DALE: Yes. Favorite flavor is Napolean. The correct name is Neapolitan but that just sounds stupid.



And now, one question from Dale to Buddah - Would you rather punch a baby or tickle a dinosaur? Think it through.



BUDDAH: I would never punch a baby unless said baby stole my pork chop to use as a teething devise. So I will have to go with tickle a dinosaur since I have always loved a good ticklepalooza. Wait! Unless the said dinosaur is a bit Carnavorish (meat eating) bastard.



Dale Jones next gig may be THE gig to catapult him to the top as he will be performing in Port Charlotte, Florida June 12-15. Dale has a DVD "Escape From Nashville" and coming soon...look for his new DVD "I have a Prescription." For more info please go to www.DaleJonescomic.com. Do yourself a favor and catch him live at a comedy club near you.
Dale Jones on the mic.

Wacky Dale's fishing bit

No comments:

Post a Comment