Friday, October 25, 2013

Comedy Salad with Buddah #2 Debi Gutierrez

Debi doing some funny.
"Comedy Salad with Buddah" is a new comedy blog about comedians and their comedy world. Each week there will be a short interview with a comic about the comedy biz mixed with a personal question or two. This week I got to interview someone I met just a few months before I started my own standup comedy adventure, Debi Gutierrez who recently co-hosted on The View. At the end Debi will shoot one question back to me. Here we go:



BUDDAH: Where do you get your inspiration from when writing standup material?



DEBI: My material comes from my family life! Most stories I tell are accurate! SO my material writes itself!



BUDDAH: What is your favorite city and/or club to perform at and why?



DEBI: I love Brad Garrett's Comedy Club at the MGM on the Vegas strip. He decorated the green room in Vintage Vegas and reminds me every time I step in there about the roots of the craft of comedy. The club also has a wonderful staff and when any of us work with Brad, instead of headlining he graciously puts the spotlight on other comics! Vegas is truly the entertainment capitol of the world!



BUDDAH: How many years have you been a comedienne and do you ever experience stage fright?



DEBI: Once, when I was shooting the pilot for the Rosie O'Donnell Show. I was being tested for the host! I was fine until I saw the logo that said, The Debi Gutierrez Show and heard the announcer. I froze. It took 4 guys to coax me from the spot I locked into!



BUDDAH: What career would you choose if you were not a standup comic?



DEBI: Motivational speaker, and I am on my way to create that career!



BUDDAH: In your opinion, what is your best quality?



DEBI: Curiosity. I love interviewing people and finding out more about their lives.



BUDDAH: Where is your dream vacation spot?



DEBI: I totally LOVE RVing! Yes I do! Love it when Travis is in the driver's seat and we can travel to see our older kids and decompress in the RV at the campsite.



And now one question from Debi to Buddah: If you could be a cartoon character for a whole week, who would you be and why?



BUDDAH: The Roadrunner! I always wanted to run fast and laugh at people falling thousands of feet off a cliff trying to catch me. Oh, and I hate coyotes. But I have always wanted to sneak up behind people and say BEEP BEEP!!!



Debi adds that summer is for recuperating and hopes to be asked back to The View and "would never consider that work, and only fun!" Debi will be appearing at the MGM in Las Vegas with Brad Garrett himself, September 23-29th.
Debi G.

No comments:

Post a Comment